2 full days classroom training, 180 days free email and phone support, lunch and refreshments, course materials and a certificate – all for £385!
1 day private 1 to 1 course at your office covering your exact needs, working on your files and going at your pace, 180 days free email and phone support, course materials and a certificate – *all for £385!
*Travel / accommodation expenses might be added depending on distance.
This is a fundamentals course for designers, marketing professionals and prospective design developers new to Adobe Illustrator, or for those who have had no previous formal training.
You will produce an exciting graphics project using some of the new and improved tools as well as the classic features. You will finish the course with the ability to create and incorporate vector graphics for different projects.
Who is this course for?
Graphic Designers, Artists, anyone with any design responsibilities who need to use Adobe Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, infographics, advertisements, newsletters or other graphic document. You may have little or no experience with Illustrator, although you may already use Adobe Photoshop and / or Adobe InDesign.
Little or no prior knowledge of Illustrator, but you should have a basic working knowledge of either the Windows or Mac interface.
Some of the benefits of coming on a Red Rocket Studio training Course
- 180 days support: There is nothing worse than leaving a course and feeling left on your own. We like to ensure our customers have all the support and backup they need which includes 180 days unlimited support by phone or email.
- Course Materials – We typically supply detailed course notes or a manual, or in some cases both. Either way, we try to provide sufficient supporting material so that you can return to your work place with sufficient confidence to permit further learning.
- We also provide chilled water, hot drinks and biscuits.
- A certificate of completion.
Basic Concepts, Overview and Tools
- Vector and Bitmap images
- Using Panels; customising the workspace
- The Illustrator Toolbox: Paths and Points selection; drawing simple shapes and selecting objects
- Using Multiple Artboards
- Transformation tools and the Free Transform tool; Using online help
- Managing files with Adobe Bridge
Draw in Illustrator
- Draw with the Line tool
- Draw with the Pen tool
- Pen tool shortcuts
- Edit a drawn path
- Understand Bézier curves
- Use the transform tools
- Create a logo
- Create Illustrations
Colours and Fills
- Fills and Strokes on Objects and Paths
- Process, Pantone and Registration colour
- Gradients, Patterns
- Applying gradient transparency
- Editing gradients directly on an object
- Applying a gradient to a stroke
- Live Paint and Live Colour
- Calligraphic, Art, Scatter & Pattern brushes
- Editing existing and creating new brushes
- Scribble Effect; using the brush libraries
- Basic Typography; the Type tool; type on and in a path; type as outlines
- Character and Paragraph styles
- Linking text boxes and using using circular text; text wrap around objects
- Typographic control including kerning, indents and baseline shift
Arranging your Work
- Send to back / Bring to front
- Group / Ungroup and group selections
- Working in Group Isolation Mode
- Cut / Copy / Paste & Paste in front / behind
- Working with Rulers, Guides and Smart Guides
- Getting the best from Layers
- Using Multiple Artboards
- Editing the Artboard size
- Positioning elements
- Aligning and distributing artwork
Modifications and Special Effects
- Transformations including blending shapes and the Gradient Mesh tool
- Pathfinder panel and Compound Paths
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Effects, graphic styles and masks
- The Flare and Distort tools, including the warp and Liquify tools, Envelope Distort and Envelope Mesh
- Using Live Paint to modify images
- Use Pathfinder and Shape Modes
- Use non-destructive Shape Modes
- Create drawings and logos
- Use the Shape Builder tool
Work with Multiple Objects
- Group Objects
- Duplicate commands
- Align and Distribute Objects
- Create Compound Paths
- Create Clipping Masks
- Use the Isolation mode
Working with Patterns and Symbols
- Simple patterns and artwork patterns
- Converting logos to symbols for reuse
- Using the symbol spray to instance symbols around page
- Update symbols, manipulate symbols
Text in Illustrator
- Add Point type
- Add Area type
- Add type to a vector path
- Spell check
- Create type outlines
Work with Layers
- Understand Layers
- Create and delete Layers
- Hide and lock Layer objects
- Move objects to different Layers
- Discover the Layer options
Using Illustrator to present data
- Graphs and graph types
- Graph styles such as pies and bars
Output from Illustrator
- Save Illustrator artwork
- Export art in non-vector formats